Hello Ha Long Bay

/ Wednesday /
Asian mermaid

On board the Bhaya

Laura and I

Fishing village where people live 

This is the first adorable first I've seen. He looks like a cartoon come to life!

We are also sitting in one of these boats. Screw kayaking.

The morning storm

The Surprise Cave. They should have called it the "Surprise 200 steps leading to the cave"

More cave
Here are a few more photos from my trip to Halong Bay. Have you been?

My first trip was a few years ago on a backpacker type cruise which wasn't crazy as you think. I think I lucked out because another friend went on it recently and was stuck with a group who chanted (really bad ones too) and drank for most hours of the day. He told us they also had a system  while in the water- if you slowly put up your hand but kept talking, it meant you were peeing and everyone had to move away. I'm VERY glad I wasn't on that boat.

In other news, it seems Vietnam has now blocked .blogspot domain, along with Facebook. SIGH.

4 comments:

{ laura tj } on: August 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM said...

so what are you going to do about blogspot and fb being blocked?? can you confirm with tabitha? can she still blog??? are you sure it's not your internet being funny or something?

{ ChaPoul } on: September 2, 2011 at 9:41 PM said...

Awww, I wish I was there!

{ Fransisca Angela } on: September 13, 2011 at 12:01 AM said...

I dearly want to go there, beautiful pictures as usual. And it is bad knowing Vietnam blocked those social networking sites, just like what China did :|

{ Kris Koeller } on: October 3, 2011 at 9:07 AM said...

We went in 2007 and loved it. We sailed on the Emeraude, a French inspired vessel (not a junk, nor French. The crew was all Filippino). Anyway, it was great. Such an amazing place..

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 ..., All rights reserved