Oh gosh this grass outside the Brisbane art gallery was so cute it felt like elves were going pop up any second
The view from our bed in the apartment. Less creepy than you may think.
I'd like to say going to the Ron Mueck exhibition was the highlight of the day, but really, playing Super Mario Kart in a bar was about 100 time more awesome
Crashing out in the gallery
My boyfriend Johnny and I recently went up to Brisbane which was exciting because I had zero expectations and I got to feel a little less guilty about not seeing as much as I should of my own country (I'm still yet to go to 4 of the 8 capitals!).
Things I loved about Brisbane:
- Great weather- while everyone was freezing in Sydney I was wearing a summer dress
- Staying in a serviced apartment. When did we suddenly turn into adults? I don't know but I like it.
- Getting completely spoilt- I was shell shocked when he gave me a super lush Wheels & Dolls Baby coat for my birthday!
- The Ron Mueck exhibition- amazing to see in real life as they do in pictures. Loved the reactions of the crowds to the sculptures too.
- Mana Bar - video games at a bar, I couldn't think of anything better (maybe winning at Super Mario Kart)
- The Bowery - Bar of the Year in 2008. Amazing cocktails- make sure you get the expresso martini ("to wake you up and fcuk you up"). It's an old school prohibition type venue to a tee, even with the very well dressed bartenders.
- Ortiga - again, another birthday surprise. The food is the die for, I couldn't recommend it more. Make sure you get the garlic prawns.
- Flamingo Cafe- the cutest, quirkest cafe with the most adorable (and one very loud) staff. The best baklava muffins I've had in my life ever. Sure they've been the only baklava muffins I've ever had, but you need hot scoot your way there to find out.
So, Brisbane has been ticked off my list. Only 4 more capitals to go. There's pandas in Adelaide. Should that be the next stop?